Wednesday, February 27, 2013

time flies

Another day is over, another day full of joy and surprises. Unfortunately, Wednesday is very busy for me as I return home at 9pm, so Hugo is already in bed then, just like today. His grandma prepared him to bed, read a story in Polish, which is an exception from our Énglish' ritual.

Peopel often ask me how Hugo communicates with other relative and family members and I say: Usually without problems -n Polish;) Picture this: all three of us browsing a shop, I speak English to Hugo, he replies in the same language and my husband speaks to him in Polish and he replies in Polish,; the shop assistants are usually amused or stunned, especially when I ask them for something in Polish. They are so taken aback;) and confused.

Other shoppers sometimes even stop and ask me why I speak in a foreign language to our son. To save him effort at school with learning English, as he will already know it when he goes to school. He won't need to learn the rules or irregular verbs, he'll know it subconsiously, isn't it a good enough reason;)  for me it is;)

No comments:

Post a Comment