Wednesday, February 20, 2013

does it really work?

I've had this idea for quite some time, the idea of creating my own blog, but since I've never read one I am still unsure how it should look;) Practice makes perfect  as they so let's hope I'll get better soon.

It's almost 10.30 pm, the radio's on and it does seem strange to write something without knowing who will read... There is one person that's gonna read it one day, our son-the main hero of this blog;)

Sound alseep in his bedroom, he's only 18 months old, but surprises me every day.

Years ago, back in college, I made a decision that now has changed my whole life and not only mine.

I decided that if I ever had children, I would speak to them in English. Unusual?

Not really some will say, but they change their minds when they hear that we are Polish, we-I mean-me, my husband and our son- what's more we live in Poland.

From day 1, when we returned from hospital our home is bilingual, if I may say so-Polish-English and that's what makes upbringing of our son fascinating. Mind you-he's only 18 months old, but copes really well in this crazy bilingual environment.

How well? I will tell you next time;)

No comments:

Post a Comment