Friday, February 22, 2013

afternoon snooze

Today is the only day in the week-Friday-when I have more time for our son than on any other day, so I try to use the opportunity to play with him as much as I can. We have drawn pictures, watched a cartoon in English and  read books-English of course. I have a really huge collection of stories for him.
It wasn't easy for us to get that stuff in Poland, but since we made a decision to bring Hugo up in a simulated bilingual family when I was still preganant, my husband went to London especially to buy original books and cartoons on DVD so that the English used there was real, not selected for the learners of English.
On the very first day when we returned from hospital, every evening I read a story or two for him and he is very involved listening to them. Now after all those months I know that it has paid off, because he can even finish some sentences from the stories by himself. His favorite is Snow White and the seven dwarfs, he has heard it so many times that he can finish the lines for me and now we read the book together. What is more, when he is trying to sleep like right now;) he tells the lines from memory, as if he was pracising speaking... amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment