Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Books

Books are a fascinating source of games and conversations, we can really spend plenty of time looking at pictures, describing them, they boost imagination, provoke questions I can ask Hugo and then I see how much he understands.
The books my husband bought in the UK are specially designed for kids to teach them English using a method that is approved in British schools. The stories begin with pictures presenting things and characters so that the child knows what the book is going to be about. The sentences are easy and comprehensive and the stories are illustrated.

Hugo loves some of them so much that I let him choose his bedtime stories. For him the best moment is when he can take the book from the shelf and then he goes: Little pigs? (The Three Little Pigs) No! Hood? (meaning Little Red Riding Hood) No! Cinderella? No, Cinderella! until he finds the book he likes. This is also how I teach him to make choices by himself which I hope will prove useful later on when he grows up;)

No comments:

Post a Comment