Sunday, February 24, 2013

stickers

Now Hugo is sound asleep so I managed to find some time to write.

Recently, he's descovered a fascinating new activity: cooking. He loves copying whatever  we do, me and my husband. So this is where I found him: at the table mixing pegs with a drumstick saying: Hugo cooking.

When I asked him what he was cooking his reply was simple: PEG SOUP, mommy. Then he opened an empty box and pretended to be adding more salt and sugar talking to himself at the same time: More sugar? OK! More salt? OK! and then again he was mixing his PEG SOUP.

He really amazed me with this, I wish I had recorded him. I know now that my talking to him whenever he is around, talking in English of course, has paid off.

Some people find it hard to believe that I have managed to do it for such a long time and that I do it 24/7, but believe me it's a pleasure not an effort, especially that teaching English is my job and I have been doing it for 13 years now. Even our neighbors got used to hearing me speaking English when we go for a walk and some of them even try to greet us in English;)

No comments:

Post a Comment