Monday, February 25, 2013

About me;)


My name's Agata and I am 30+. I live with my husband and our son in a lovely house near Leszno, Poland. In September this year we'll have been married for 5 years. By profession I am a teacher of English and I love my job. What's more, with my husband's support, I have been running a language school for over 5 years. That's also why we have decided to raise our son in a bilingual enviornment. Thanks to him, I have discovered  how fascinating reading fairy tales and other children's books might be. This is our afternoon and evening ritual, our moments when we sit next to each other and turn the pages, discribe the pictures and read the involving stories.
I remember, though, how strangely my husband's grandfather looked at me when he saw me reading a book to our son when he was just a few weeks old. He claimed that Hugo was too young to comprehend the story, and in this respect he was right, for sure. Yet, the more I read, the more interested Hugo became and with time he could name some of the objects in the books he heard so often. Determined and fascinated, I didn't give up and now I can see the results. Strangely as it may seem, I can converse with our son about his book, his needs and activities, he answers logically with one or two words, sometimes a short phrase;)

No comments:

Post a Comment