Saturday, March 9, 2013

victory;)

Today, first time Hugo managed to fall asleep without the dummy;)
A dummy is the kind of gadget that I didn't want our sonny to use, but I failed. Just after labor, still in hospital, we coped without it, but having returned home I wasn't so determined and at times he used it, but only when he was falling asleep or when we needed to calm him down after he fell over, for instance.

Whenever I saw him with the dummy I didn't enjoy the view, but the rule was that it was only allowed before falling asleep. We even had this saying ' When with mummy, we don't use the dummy'-nice rhyme, isn't it;))

Today, having brushed his teeth, as usual he asked for the dummy or 'dubby doo' as he used to call it;) but I ignored it and continued reading his bedtime story in a very monotonous way; I read one book, then another one and managed to persuade him to lie down on his duvet.

Finally, my monotonous voice made him go to sleep without crying or the dummy. This my victory for today-I wonder what tomorrow will bring;)

By the way, I recently rediscovered this lovely American equivalent for 'a dummy' which is 'a pacifier' what a suggestive name;).

No comments:

Post a Comment