Wednesday, March 13, 2013

socks

Washing is one of our sonny's favorite activity. He's always liked it because even when he was a few months old I used to take him out to hang out the washing with me-his role was to give me pegs. Now, his role has changed a little bit and he helps me collect dry clothes. This is both a great way to teach him housework-his wife one day will have a real helper at home;)) and a funny way to teach him names of different clothing items and the possessive-because I always ask him: Whose is it? and then he goes: Hugo's socks, Daddy's T-shirt and so on.
Today, as always, he assisted me but what's more he helped me pair socks and I realized how quickly he was able to find the same socks out of maybe 12 different pairs with various patterns. Again involving him was enjoyable for both of us and he learned the notion of: the same and different. I'm so proud of him;)

No comments:

Post a Comment