Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday stroll

Finally, spring has arrived and I do hope that it'll stay with us for some time. The right moment came to hide winter boots, coats and jackets deep in my wardrobe.
Time to wear nice, spring clothes and take Hugo for long strolls every day.
This is what we did today-we went out to enjoy the warm sun, birds singing and people cycling.
I discovered that our son is a great observer of the outside world; he notices noises and details that really surprise me, such as a barking dog, a man on a bike or our neighbor doing gardening. Whatever he can see and name, he always goes: Mommy, look, man on a bike! or Mommy, a motorbike! etc. He can perfectly transfer the words from his picture books which we look at before going to bed each day into the really world. Yet, today I was absolutely amazed when he said: Mommy, man chopping wood! Such was my surprise that I asked him to repeat it twice before I could believe what he was saying;) but as always I gave him a big hug and said: Yes, sonny, you're right! a man is chopping wood.
Strolls are a great inspiration for kids and parents, for us it's always an occasion to talk or name things, but the rule is you must speak with you child, ask proper questions and provoke the child to say something. Forget about a pacifier of course;) who would like to speak with full mouth;))?

No comments:

Post a Comment