Friday, April 26, 2013

slow down

Kids learn at the speed of light; all those who disapprove of reading books to kids from day one are really missing the point. They don't realize that children learn with every minute of their life-24/7- even when they sleep-this is the moment to file everything that they have experienced during the day.
Talking to children in a logical way and explaining daily activities gives kids lots of input for the future and you will never know when they will use it and one day you''ll be taken aback.

Just as I was today when I was taking my mother-in-law back home. Hugo was sitting at the back enjoying naming the objects around him and counting to 9 all the cars passing by. When he got to nine, he started right from the beginning-from one. Out of the blue, I had to brake because of the car in front of me and then Hugo said: Mommy, slow down!
I don't remember in what situation he heard this phrase and when, but I know that he used it in the right context. Probably, during one of our trips together, I must have said that I was slowing down, because when we travel together I always turn off the radio and talk to Hugo, describe the actions and the world around and he learns and learns, records and remembers;) amazing;)

No comments:

Post a Comment