Monday, July 15, 2013

long time no write;)

I didn't realize that it has been so long since I last visited my blog, but I was extremely busy finishing my exam session-passed everything luckily-and course groups in our language school.

But now I'm back hoping to be writing more;)
So much to write that I don't know where to begin...
Hugo speaks in two languages this is a fact and he can distinguish between them which is awesome and in some situations he is even trying to translate simple things into English to me when for example his granny says something in Polish. His grasp is English is so instinctive that when he sees me enter the house he runs to the door and say: Mommy, Hugo drinking juice or Mommy Hugo building a very high chimney. Then a big grin appears on my face and I say: Yes, I can seem my sonny, you are building a very high chimney.
Though he still has the problem understanding that the pronoun I refers to the person speaking, he has no problems communicating his needs and wishes by saying Hugo needs an umbrella it's raining or Hugo wants to drink something similar. 
What's even more amazing is that he can finish the lines of many bedtime stories that I have been reading to him and paradoxically not having a book read is also a kind of punishment for him. So far I have done that twice-sent him to bed without a bedtime story or talking about the pictures in the books and the first time I did that he even began to cry. Frankly speaking, it made me feel terrible, but I knew I had to be strong. He's too small to comprehend some situations yet he understood it perfectly since when I put him to bed he called for the books but I said: Sorry sonny, no books today cos you have been naughty. Then he replied: Hugo not pick up the building blocks In fact this was exactly what I wanted to teach him-to pick up his building blocks and put them in a book before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment